Lawrence W. Abel
Since 1983, Lawrence W. Abel has practiced law in the Philadelphia Metropolitan area. He is experienced in all aspects of Family Law, including divorce, custody, support, protection from abuse, paternity, and adoption. In addition, he practices extensively in the fields of Bankruptcy, Criminal, and Civil Law.
He has regularly conducted continuing legal education (CLE) courses on Domestic Relations for the Cape School in an around the metropolitan area, and served as President of the Suburban Jewish Community Center Bnai Aaron from 2002 - 2004.
Attorney Abel was born in Syracuse, New York. He obtained a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Michigan in 1977. He obtained a Masters Degree in Applied Economics in 1981 and a law degree in 1982, both from the University of Michigan.
He has appeared in the State and Federal Courts and has argued before the Pennsylvania Superior and Commonwealth Courts.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Protection from Abuse
- Civil Law
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- J.D. - 1982
- University of Michigan Rackham School of Graduate Studies
- A.M. - 1981
- Major: Applied Economics
- University of Michigan College of Literature
- A.B. - 1977
- Major: Economics and English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Member