Avallone Law Associates

call for a free initial consultation


  1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Family Law
  4.  | Modifying Custody, Visitation & Support Orders

40 Years of Experience Handling Divorce Modifications

What may have been the right custody or support agreement at the time of your divorce may no longer apply.

The Philadelphia divorce modification attorneys at Avallone Law Associates can help you understand your rights, obligations and options with respect to post-divorce modifications. For 40 years, we have offered assistance to individuals seeking modifications to custody, visitation or support orders. We also advocate for individuals seeking to challenge proposed changes. We will apply our years of experience and legal skills to your benefit. Contact our law firm today to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced Philadelphia lawyer.

Handling Child Support Modifications in Pennsylvania

Child support orders can be modified whenever the financial resources of either parent or the needs of the children have substantially changed. There are two ways to obtain a child support modification. The first involves reaching an informal, but written mutual agreement with your former spouse. The second involves filing a request for a modification with the court. This option is generally better because it can protect you from later being accused of violating the original divorce order.

In rare cases, alimony can be modified as well. We can work with you to pursue a reasonable modification to your spousal support agreement based on any changes in your financial situation such as a job layoff or a cut in pay. Our legal team can also help you seek a modification based on any changes in your former spouse’s financial situation.

Experienced in Handling Custody and Visitation Modifications

Unlike child support or spousal support, modifications of child custody or visitation orders can only be granted if the court feels that the proposed change is in the children’s best interests. In other words, it is very important to consult with an experienced lawyer as soon as possible if you are planning to seek a custody or visitation modification. You should also do this if you have been notified that your children’s primary custodial parent intends to relocate.

At Avallone Law Associates, our legal team has a clear understanding of the procedures parents must follow when seeking to modify the custody and child visitation orders based on a relocation. A parent with primary physical custody must legally notify the other parent 60 days before he or she plans to move.

The parent with partial custody has 30 days to formally object to the move through the legal system. If no legal objection is made, the other parent has the right to move. A hearing will take place, if an objection is made within 30 days. Any decisions will be made in the child’s best interests.

Contact Our Delaware Valley Custody and Visitation Modification Lawyers

Attorneys at Avallone Law Associates can help you obtain a child custody, visitation or child support modification that accurately reflects the circumstances of your life today. Contact us today for a free initial consultation during normal business hours or on evenings or weekends by appointment.